A story you can listen to on the train from Darlington to Bishop Auckland
by HANNAH BRUCE & CO
A Jabberwocky Market pop-up theatre event from Luxi, Northern & the Bishop Line
“I never met my great grandmother Nora, but she hovers around the edges of my mother’s memory. A tiny woman, she died when my mam was about 7. She remembers her baby teeth coming out at the time. Nora’s story is woven into the landscape that you travel through from Darlington to Bishop Auckland on the train.”
A brand new collaboration bringing pop-up theatre events onto the world’s first passenger train line. Hannah Bruce & Co have created a wonderful story to listen to that is available to anyone with a smart device, via a unique code on the TlotT app.
Our Line is free for anyone with a valid train ticket (and access to their own smart device). There will be Jabberwocky Market stewards on the trip with you, so it’s available on specific trains.
If you’d like more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘Our Line‘ in the subject.
Tailored trips for your GROUP of 8 or more can be arranged for a small charge, email email@example.com for details.
THIS IS A PAST EVENT… for details of future outings, please sign up to our mailing list
DATES & TIMES:
Thursdays & Saturdays from 31 March – 28 April 2018
Meet at station 10:35am, 12:35, 6:05pm
(duration 90 mins inc return journey from Bishop Auckland)
VENUE: Darlington’s Banktop Station (Platform 4)
AGE & ACCESS: all ages – contact us about wheelchair spaces
TICKETS: FREE with your valid train ticket
- click Get Tickets above (it will take you to an external booking site)
- select the time and date that you would like to attend, and the number of tickets
- once booked, you will receive a confirmation email, please check details
- the day before your booking you will receive another email, this time with a unique code so you can download the story and start the countdown to your journey
- please arrive at Darlington station at the time stated on your email
- purchase a train ticket from Darlington to Bishop Auckland (return)
- report to the Jabberwocky Market stewards who will check that you’re ready to start
- NB – you will need to bring headphones and a smartphone, tablet or ipod
If you need a wheelchair space on the train, please mention that on the booking form – or you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07583 655018 for details
. . . . . . .
Behind the scenes making Our Line: theatre on a train
Producing sometimes looks like this (every project is a new adventure).